MBUSI team member "School Help" information
Dear Team Members:
We know you are searching for solutions as the back-to-school season approaches and school systems put the final touches on their COVID-19 plans. We highly encourage you to work to find a solution for your specific circumstances using the resources offered in our local community. If you are unable to find a solution, please speak to your supervisor or HR Team Relations rep.
West Alabama Works has launched the West Alabama Childcare Database to assist working parents as they find childcare solutions during COVID-19. Go to: www.westalabamaworks.com/childcare
Tuscaloosa County Resources
- YMCA of Tuscaloosa County (Campus Connection)
- PARA (Tuscaloosa Park & Recreation Authority)
- West Alabama Chamber of Commerce working to establish solutions
- Boys & Girls Clubs of West Alabama
- NannyLane in Tuscaloosa
These 3 sites below in Tuscaloosa (West Alabama) will help the kids with their school work and let them run around and play, as well:
West Alabama Works has launched the West Alabama Childcare Database to assist working parents as they find childcare solutions during COVID-19.
- West Alabama Works has launched the West Alabama Childcare Database to assist working parents as they find childcare solutions during COVID-19.
- Boys & Girls Club: Will have a 2-3 locations available, including a local church. - Cost: $55/wk *may change
- YMCA: YMCA Barnes Branch, Hughes McDonald Center, and probably a local church. - Cost $85-100/wk; some scholarships available; *may change
- PARA: 4 or 5 of their locations. - Cost: unknown
Team Members: Consider also using Google Maps or other search engines to find:
“Tuscaloosa Area Churches with Childcare”
“ Birmingham Area Churches with Childcare”
Jefferson County Resources
- 11 YMCAs throughout the region – Most likely will be offered 7 am to 6 pm or 7:30 am – 3 pm)
More information about the program can be found at: https://www.ymcabham.org/school-age-childcare
- Boys & Girls Club of Central Alabama (Full-Day Program / 7:30 am – 5 pm) / Address: 4501 Little Dr, Bessemer, AL 35022 Phone: (205) 428-8333
- In-Home Tutoring / Babysitting
- Facebook Group: Tuscaloosa Mom's Babysitting Referral
- Facebook Group: Birmingham Mom's Babysitting Referral
:Covers Multiple Areas
Alabama Department of Public Health
- Read the Alabama Department of Public Health’s “Back to School Toolkit” with best practices recommended by ADPH and the CDC on reopening schools
Alabama Chapter-American Academy of Pediatrics
- The Alabama Chapter-American Academy of Pediatrics recognizes the worry and confusion surrounding the COVID-19 virus. The group has provided links below to help you, as a parent, navigate during this trying time. The site includes links to all Alabama school’s reopening plans, the state’s toolkit on plans to reopen schools and self-care resources for you and your family.
Now Enrolling for The Prep Lab - at Shining Stars! The Prep Lab is a program for elementary school students (ages 5 to 12). Shining Stars teachers are trained to help children stay engaged with their elementary school learning platform; complete daily assignments; and connect as needed with their school and teachers. Our flexible scheduling options include a new full-day option. Let us help your child keep learning on track throughout the school year! Click Here to see flyer for more details and/or call 205-462-5550 for more details.
The Tuscaloosa City Schools has tuition assistance for families in need of childcare during the system’s implementation of full-time at-home virtual learning. Applications are due by August 26. To learn more, click here>>