Mercedes-Benz Production Cell Operator Technical Program
Cell Operator Positions Leading to Mercedes-Benz full-time employment at its operation in Vance, Alabama.
Applicant must have a certificate or degree in one of the following disciplines:
- Industrial Electronics (ILT)
- Electrical Technology (ELT)
- Robotics Technology
- Industrial Maintenance (INT)
- Automotive Manufacturing (AUT)
- Advanced Manufacturing (ADM)
- Engineering Technology (TY)
- Successful completion of an assessment through AIDT
- Successful interview
- Successful background check, drug screen and physical
- 6 month trial period with North American Onsite (NAOS)
- Work in a team environment.
- Perform troubleshooting and repair of both electrical and mechanical-related automated/robotic systems.
- Load and install vehicle parts throughout the body or paint process, following standard methods and procedures.
- Utilize a high level of analytical skill to find solutions to difficult technical problems, using electronic systems and computer-based systems.
- Must work rotating shifts and weekends as required.
Preferred education and experience:
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with robotic systems.
- Experience with PLC systems.
- Experience with mechanical systems repair.
- Degree in above disciplines.
Starting pay is $16.00 per hour.
Benefits after 6 months:
- Healthcare, including free on-site and off-site clinics. Holiday, Vacation, Emergency time off.
- On-site Child Care Center and Wellness Center.
- 401K, including company match and annual defined contribution.
- Company provided tools and Mercedes-Benz teamwear.
- Mercedes-Benz vehicle lease and purchase programs.
- Educational assistance programs.
- Monthly perfect attendance bonus.
- Annual Team Share bonus.
Application and selection process:
Open enrollment for the Cell Operator position will begin August 16, 2019.
PLEASE click on the link below to begin your application process:
- Click Here to begin your application process through Alabama Industrial Development & Training (AIDT).
- Top qualified candidates will be invited to the training center for an assessment administered by AIDT.
- Top candidates will be invited for an interview with MBUSI. College transcript is required at interview.
Frequently asked questions:
HOW WILL I BE NOTIFIED IF I’M SELECTED?
If you’re selected for the program, you will be notified by e-mail. (Make sure your email address is kept updated.)
WHAT AREA WILL I BE IN WHEN I FINISH?
For those who go into the Cell Operator role, those jobs are in our Body and Paint shops.
IF I’M A CURRENT FULL TIME CONTRACTOR AT MBUSI, CAN I APPLY FOR THE CELL OPERATOR POSITION.
Everyone is currently eligible to apply if they meet the above position requirements.
WILL THIS CELL OPERATOR ROLE LEAD TO A MAINTENANCE POSITION?
This program will not lead to a position in the maintenance area.
IS THIS A TEMPORARY/CONTINGENT WORKFORCE POSITION?
This leads to full time Mercedes-Benz U.S. International, Inc. (MBUSI) position after a 6 month probationary period. Selected candidates will work through, and will be paid through North American Onsite (NAOS) during the probationary period.
DOES THIS POSITION OFFER BENEFITS?
This position will have the NAOS benefit package through the 6-month probationary period, and then move to the Full Time MBUSI benefit package after the 6 month probationary period.